By Andrei Caracoti
July 21, 2015
We are pleased to announce the release of the Open PHACTS Component Collection version 1.5. Open PHACTS is an online open-source platform with a set of integrated publicly-available pharmacological data sources. It provides tools and services to query and visualise this data.
The main benefit provided by the 1.5 release is that it enables access to the 1.5 version of the Open PHACTS API, which offers refreshed data, new data sources for compound information, new API features, and a more optimized search. More information about the new features in the API available here.
The component collection offers full coverage of the Open PHACTS API, with one component per API call, featuring all of the API call’s parameters. Other new features at a glance::
- 69 components, organized in 11 groups
- Additional enhanced components for easy chemistry searches (exact, substructure and similarity search)
- Results returned exactly as received from the API
- Parameters available on each component for manipulation of the results, such as data extraction and flattening
- Included Example and Tutorial protocols provided to demonstrate how to generate solutions from component combinations
- Components generated automatically from the Open PHACTS documentation interface (Swagger) for stable future sustainability.
The component collection can be downloaded from the ScienceCloud Protocol Exchange. If you do not have an account yet for the Protocol Exchange, you can log in using your LinkedIn credentials.
Use the Open PHACTS discussion group on the BIOVIA Community forum to reach out to other users, ask questions, and share experiences.